Morning message is one of my favorite ways to start the day! It is a great way to review skills and answer the inevitable “what are we doing today?” I try to change mine from time-to-time to keep my students on their toes. Here are a few things I do to change how we do it:
- Circle the first letter of the sentence with a green crayon or marker.
- Circle the punctuation mark at the end of the sentence with a red crayon or marker.
- Put a orange box around spelling words or word wall words.
- Highlight vowels
- Underline blends with a purple crayon or marker.
- Draw a line between the syllables of a word. Circle the word with the most syllable with a brown crayon or marker.
Sometimes I write letters to my students on chart tablet paper and other times I use a form like the one below:
I also have 5 day packets of Morning Messages available in my TPT store.(click on picture)FREE(click on picture)Cost: $2.50(click on picture)Cost: $2.50