I recently added a new fluency center to my TPT store. You know how your students practice reading real and nonsense words. With this center, they will make real sentences and nonsense sentences. I'm sure there will be plenty of laughter with this center because your students can make some silly sentences.
1. Put the cards into 3 stacks by color.
2. Choose one card from each stack.
3. Arrange the cards to make the cards into a sentence.
Hint: Find the card that begins with a capital letter.
4. Read the sentence. These sentence can be real sentences or nonsense sentences.
5. Choose 3 more cards and read the sentence.
6. Keep doing this until you've used all of the cards.
7. You may shuffle the cards and make new sentences if
you have time.
8. Write 3 of the sentences you made on the worksheet.
This packet comes with:
A center sign
There are two different pages of nouns. The nouns have a different frame around the word. There is a colored version and a black and white version. Copy the cards on card stock and cut apart.
There are two different pages of verbs. The verbs have a different frame around the word. There is a colored version and a black and white version.
There are two different pages of cards that give more information. These cards have a different frame around the word. There is a colored version and a black and white version.
Students shuffle the cards and put the stacks on the correct spot on this sheet.
After making and reading sentences, student will choose 3 sentences and write them on this page.
This packet is aligned with K, 1st, and 2nd Common Core Standards.
This packet is available at my TPT store for $4.
Click on the picture to go to my store.
Hop over to my blog buddy, Michelle's blog, No Monkey Business. She has a Saturday Spotlight feature with freebies!