Card stock is a teacher's friend!

http://teach123-school.blogspot.com/

Today's tip is for those of you who either don't have access to a colored printer or would like to cut down on your expenses.  Those colored ink cartridges add up quickly!

My personal philosophy is "kill two birds with one stone" when at all possible.  To save money and your time making materials for your students, stock up on colorful card stock and use it to make your centers.  If you watch for sales, you can get it pretty cheap. One of the best places I've found for card stock sales is Michael's.  You can sign up for their text alerts so you'll know about their current bargains.  Below are this week's coupons which could be used to purchase card stock:


When I make a center with card stock, I don't laminate it.  So, I cut my work time significantly.  Who doesn't need the gift of time?  You've add color to your classroom, and saved money on ink cartridges.

I have a series of fluency centers.  They each have a colored version and a black and white version so you can choose the one that works best for you.  Here is an example of the Bat and Pumpkin Facts packet, the black and white version printed on colorful card stock.



The witch's finger does not come with the packet.  I do think it adds a little seasonal fun, though!

Click HERE to view centers organized by reading level.  Grades K-5.




















No comments